Step 1: Before completing your advance directives, we suggest that you read all the informational material on this site such as Preparing Advance Directives, Choosing a Health Care Agent, Making End-of-Life Decisions, etc. If you have any questions, a member of the staff of United Hospice will be happy to answer your questions. Please feel free to call us at 845-634-4974.
Step 2: Print copies of the advance directives forms (health care proxy and living will) from this website. Mail a copy of your advance directives with a signed authorization form to: Assuringyourwishes.org, c/o United Hospice, Inc., 11 Stokum Lane, New City, NY 10956.
Step 3: Upon receipt of your documents, we will scan your document into our database. This process is like taking a picture to create an electronic copy exactly as you signed it. The documents you send us will be returned to you after they have been added to our database. You will receive wallet identification cards. Put one in your wallet. Give one to your physician and one to your health care agent/proxy. If you completed only the living will, and did not select a health care agent, we encourage you to print a proxy form, complete it and send a copy to us to be scanned into the database.
Step 4: Review your advance directives on line. If you do not have internet access, you may access the internet at any of the local public libraries. To review the directives:
- a. Log onto www.assuringyourwishes.org
- b. Click on the button that says “Sign In”.
- c. Type in your name and your password as it is printed on your wallet card.
- d. Press enter. Wait a moment. You will see the list of advance directives on the screen. Click on each directive in the list to view.
- e. If there are any problems, please call us at 845-634-4974.